How does one mold such complex principles as peace, justice and sustainability into a coherent story? The difficulty reflects the media’s broader struggle to convey how these themes are mutually linked.
Seeing Systems: Peace, Justice and Sustainability connects the dots between three of society’s most pressing challenges and helps participants find pathways for powerful change in our everyday lives. Together, participants expand their people power and begin to make a real difference for good. NWEI’s self-led discussion courses are designed to spark shared learning, shared stories, and shared action. Each course book also includes tips and guidelines to help facilitators organize a course.
- Introduce participants to values, visions, and practical actions they can take toward a more peaceful, just and sustainable world.
- Bring to light entrenched values and assumptions that reinforce destructive practices and unhealthy systems.
- Help participants develop systems thinking skills, which allow them to see the connections between and promote peace, justice and sustainability.
- Inspire participants to become leaders toward peace, justice and sustainability in their own communities and spheres of influence.
Participants read each week’s material (which may include brief articles, book excerpts and/or links to online content) on their own. During each session, group members take turns facilitating by leading others through discussion questions provided in the course book.
The curriculum/ program is designed to be implemented:
- In self-facilitated groups of adults.
This curriculum/program primarily focuses on:
- Environmental Education
- Nonviolent Communication
- Peace, nonviolence, conflict transformation
- Social & Economic Justice
The group size that works best for the curriculum/program:
- Small groups of 8 to 15
Age range the curriculum/program is aimed towards:
- University Students – Undergraduate
- University Students – Graduate
- Lifelong Learners / Adult Education
Time frame of instruction:
- 6 one hour sessions
Monetary Program Fee?
- $27 for the course book
- No special training needed to organize a course.